Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Rest of the Year


So, I should post a few things that have happened since the summer, just to keep up on things.

After the Sand Dunes, I spent some time in Santa Fe. I parked at the Elks lodge for a few weeks. I really like it there.


I like Santa Fe a lot. I might spend a few months or a year there some time. The farmer's market is pretty big and full of goodies.



And downtown is fun to walk around. Since I've posted about Santa Fe and some of the tourist attractions before, I thought I'd just add a couple random, colorful pics.



After Santa Fe, I went to the Balloon Fiesta for the opening weekend. Debbie joined me there and we had a great time. I just love the Balloon Fiesta.


For really great posts and pictures of the Balloon Fiesta, see Nina's blog here.

I spent a few days at Lake Cochiti between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. It's a nice Corps of Engineers campground which Dolly and I enjoyed. I'd definitely go back there when in the area.


The second weekend of the Balloon Fiesta, Brion joined me there. Then we did some sight seeing in Santa Fe and Los Alamos. After that, we moseyed our way over to southern California. On the way there, we stopped for a break in Seligman, AZ to observe some of the Route 66 kitsch. And with a name like Roadkill Cafe, we just had to eat there. It was actually pretty good.




If you're ever driving through AZ on I-40, it's worth at least a drive through.

Now I'm back in California until next month when I go to Quartzsite.

In the meantime, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.


4 comments:

  1. Hi There ! We met briefly last year in Q. I'm in Yuma right now but will also be heading to Q in the New Year.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you! Merry Christmas, Nancy - have fun in California and we'll you when you get to Quartzsite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I met you a couple of times at Westminster Elks Lodge. We shared dinner with Dennis and Carol one year and I again got to meet you and Bennie on our morning walks this past summer. It's good to hear for you again. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete