Sunday, June 7, 2015

Montrose, CO


My first time in Montrose. It was bigger than I expected with all the stores and businesses along the main highway. The downtown area was nice and reminded me a little of Grand Junction. I didn't have my camera while we were there though.

We drove out to Ouray which is a scenic little mountain town. (click on the pictures to see a larger version)





Another day, we drove over to Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park.





There are better pictures online, but none of them do justice to this gorgeous canyon.


5 comments:

  1. It's hard to get good photos of Black canyon. Where did you stay in Montrose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stayed at the Montrose Elks. Jeanne and I are in Salida now. Are you headed this way?

      Delete
  2. Black Canyon is the opposite of Bruce where it's hard to take a bad picture. Yours are remarkably good! Did you hit the Russell Stover in Montrose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw the Russell Stover, but didn't go in. Actually, it never even occurred to me to check it out. I guess I'm just not a chocoholic.

      Delete