Sunday, May 31, 2015

Grand Junction


We spent a few days in Grand Junction after being in Moab for a couple weeks. We figured we'd do some shopping at supermarkets, Walmart, etc. and it would just be a quick city fix. But, as it turns out, I really liked the place. We spent some time walking around downtown one day. It's very clean, with flowers, sculptures, fountains and outdoor cafes along Main Street. Definitely a nice vibe to the place.

There are more than a hundred sculptures along Main Street. I'll just post a few pictures here of some of the sculptures and fountains.


This one is called "Chrome on the Range II". 


James Dalton Trumbo writing a screenplay in the bathtub.





I'd like to spend more time in this area my next time through.


3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever walked around downtown. Love all the sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great city, I loved the photo of Riley lying down next to the dog sculpture. Give him a pat for me. Katie and I miss you and Jeanne and Riley. We're at Storrie Lake - I'll send you both photos of the lake. It's up! Yesterday we walked the Flat Stanley road and I thought about you all. :)

    ReplyDelete