Sunday, March 22, 2015

Kaleidoscopes

Yea, it's been a while since I last posted a blog entry. After my usual stay in southern California for the holidays, I spent a few weeks in Quartzsite, then Scottsdale and I've already posted about those places in the past as it's the usual travel route each winter.

When it heated up in the Phoenix area, I headed north and met up with Jeanne. We're near Cottonwood, AZ and at 3400', it's just perfect, temperature-wise.


We drove into Jerome yesterday for a couple hours. I was there in 2010 when I first started out as a full-time RVer, but I missed the Nellie Bly Kaleidoscope store back then, so I just had to go see it. What a fun store with some beautifully crafted kaleidoscopes! Click on the images to get a larger picture to see more detail.





I especially liked this Willy Wonka kaleidoscope.

 Using a teleidoscope, one of the sales gals took this picture of me.

And here's one I took of Jeanne.

I was almost tempted to buy one of these neat little gadgets. Maybe next time.

I'll post again when I find something else fun to share.

8 comments:

  1. Did you know that you can buy lens attachments for your camera that will give your photos a kaleidoscope effect.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that about the lens attachments, but that makes sense. Fun stuff!

      Delete
  2. I have been to Jerome, but missed that place also:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear from you! We had such a good time at that kaleidoscope shop, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Nancy! You should buy yourself one for a Happy Birthday to ME present. I always do that. Great photos of the kaleidoscopes, especially the Jeanne one!

    Glad you guys are in cooler weather - I'm looking forward to more posts and photos as you two travel north. Living vicariously! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh. I want to go there. Thanks for posting about the kaleidoscope store. Now I have added that to my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that area. Good to hear from you. That's a really cool store.

    ReplyDelete