Sunday, April 20, 2014

San Antonio


What's a trip to San Antonio without checking out the Alamo? Though I'd been here before, it was more than 30 years ago, so I thought I'd revisit it. You can read about the battle of the Alamo here.


It's been more than 30 years since I'd been to the Riverwalk as well, so we took a stroll down there and even did a boat ride.




There's a little theater along the riverwalk where the stage is on one side of the river and the amphitheater seating is on the other side. Here's a shot taken from the top of the amphitheater.


Driving around Texas this time of year is a treat in some places where the bluebonnets are in bloom. There were many other flowers along the highways, but bluebonnets were all I got pictures of one day.



More updates of Texas coming soon.

5 comments:

  1. San Antonio is on our list--it looks like a very nice city. Are the bluebonnets lupines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, bluebonnets, are lupines. They're the state flower of Texas and blooming all over the place right now.

      Delete
  2. When I first saw the Alamo, all I could think was, "wow, it's so small. "Then i cried all through the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice:) We are looking forward to visiting there again soon as our daughter is being transferred there with the Air Force this fall.

    ReplyDelete