Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lazy


Since I've been hanging out in Scottsdale for a while, I've done taxes, dental appointments, optometry appointment, etc., but mostly I've just been taking it easy, so there hasn't been much to post about.

That said, I thought I'd throw a few pictures up here of the critters that entertain us.

Here's a shot of the view from Martha's patio. There's a golf course on the other side of the waterway there and we like to watch the golfers play and sometimes see the splash of a golf ball hitting the water.

The ducks often come up close to the patio, but are easily spooked.

Gamble's quail.

Hummingbird

Heron

Peach faced lovebird

We first noticed this fellow out in the yard one night, but it was too dark to get a picture from the distance. I saw him one morning while walking along the golf course. He's a night heron, which explains why we see him in the yard at night.

Lots of bunnies around here too.

We've also seen coyote, egrets, finches, coots and a couple bald eagles, but I rarely have my camera out to capture them.

I'll be back on the road next week and hope to post about some fun adventures while on my way to Texas.


6 comments:

  1. Great pictures!
    You might want to slow your travels to Texas at this time because it's feeling more like the central US.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a wild parrot. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to sit outside and watch the birds - but I've never seen a night heron or a peach faced lovebird. Both great photos, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful birds! Very relaxing setting!

    ReplyDelete