Monday, June 3, 2013

Made it to the east coast


How's this for a beautiful parking spot? I was parked at Julie and Lon's place in Salem, VA.

They call their place "Blessing in the forest" and it's a beautiful, serene location on 17 acres adjacent to national forest. 

It was great spending a couple days with Julie and Lon. I worked for them many years ago in California before they moved to Virginia. It was the best job I've ever had, mainly because of the people there, especially these two.

Julie's mom, Julia, lives in a small apartment they had added to the house. She's 96, plays the piano, sings,  paints and writes and it was truly a pleasure to spend some time with her.  

I'm so glad I made the decision to drive to the east coast and to stop here for a visit. Thanks Julie, Lon and Julia for the wonderful hospitality!

2 comments:

  1. I wish my daughters would move to a lovely spot like that. I'd move right in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sure nice running in to all the friends you did in your travels to the East coast.

    ReplyDelete