Sunday, April 21, 2013

Scarborough Renaissance


I spent the weekend at the Scarborough Renaissance Festival in Waxahachie, TX. Though I had my camera, I didn't take a lot of pictures (surprise, surprise). Here's one that I had my brother take of my sister, Betty, and me. OK, so she's technically my sister-IN-LAW. Inlaw, outlaw, whatever. She's a sister to me.


It's the first time I've ever dressed for a renaissance festival. Mark and Betty have a booth where they sell whiskey barrels. I thought it would be cool to work in the booth, so Betty gave me some pirate garb to wear. She's made most of the costumes. Here's a picture of me and my bro, Mark.


If you're ever at the Scarborough Renaissance Festival (April and May) or the Texas Renaissance Festival (October and November), look them up. Great people and some pretty cool products.

Maybe I'll take some more pictures next weekend.

3 comments:

  1. GREAT pictures! More! More! Love your costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love going to the Renaissance Fair in the Bay Area in California. It was awesome and just like your photos. Thanks for reviving these memories from long ago. :)

    ReplyDelete