Tuesday, April 16, 2013

In Search of Aliens


While driving through New Mexico, I came upon the Very Large Array (VLA) radio telescope site. This is a picture of just a part of the array of telescopes taken from a distance.


The telescope array consists of twenty-seven, 230-ton, 25-meter diameter dish antennas that together comprise a single radio telescope system.

The antenna array is not used to communicate with aliens (as depicted in the movie "Contact"), but to observe the cosmos much as traditional telescopes are used. You can read more about the VLA here.

I did find some aliens in Roswell at the International UFO Museum.


If I do happen to run into some REAL aliens, I hope I have my camera and I remember to take some pictures.


To the best of my knowledge, I was not abducted by aliens on this or any other trip.

2 comments:

  1. We stopped at the VLA one time. It was pretty interesting. Glad you're still with us.

    ReplyDelete