Friday, February 1, 2013

Meet the Artist


In mid-December, Brion and I drove out to Borrego Springs to watch the Geminid meteror showers. Unfortunatley, it was overcast most of the time we were there and it rained for a whole day. However, while we were on our way there, we stopped just east of Temecula to see this full-sized stagecoach sculpture.



This was done by Ricardo Breceda, the artist who has done the sculptures in Borrego Springs. You can see my blog entries on those here and here.

The stagecoach was across from the Vail Lake Resort and we noticed that there were more sculptures in the park and that Ricardo had his workshop there. So we drove in to see more.


I particularly liked this gargoyle.


There were LOTS of sculptures around Ricardo's shop.





And then who should come out to greet us, but Ricardo himself.



He'll be relocating his shop soon and is having a sale of all his sculptures if you're interested. Check out his website here.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, how cool! Thanks for introducing us to this great artist and guy! It is so good to read your blog again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been on my mind lately, nice to see you posting. Lets talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, it's great to see you're out and about again -- and blogging about your adventures. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. Ron and I saw the stagecoach and some horses jumping over the road on our way to San Diego from Quartzsite. I wish we had stopped at his shop. Although I'm not in the market for a lifesize horse or gargoyle, I would have liked to tell him how much I love his work.

    ReplyDelete