Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving in the desert

Drove out to Borrego Springs on Thanksgiving again this year. Spent a day driving around looking at the sculptures. Here's one that I missed last year - The Prospector.


The newest one, added since my last visit, is a dragon/serpent. It's in 5 sections, 3 on one side of the street and 2 sections on the opposite side of the street. I didn't get all the sections in one shot though. Here's the serpent from the front. Note my rig in the distance.


Here he is from the street, so you can only see the front 3 sections.
You can click on any picture to get an enlarged version.


There are a few other pictures of sculptures here from last year.

The best part of the trip was spending time with some friends who I hadn't seen in a while. Wish I could have stayed longer.

The weather was splendid, though and the night sky was bursting with stars. Borrego Springs is where I first fell in love with the desert just before I started blogging. I love going back there.

5 comments:

  1. Those creative, unique sculptures are wonderful; I visit them whenever I'm in Borrego!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we were there with you, these are just great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been there in a couple of years, so haven't seen these. It seems like every year they get better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Borrego Springs is also one of my favorite spots as well. I enjoyed the pics of the dragon.

    ReplyDelete