Thursday, July 14, 2011

Benson Sculpture Garden

Driving back from Wyoming, I stopped in Loveland, CO and visited the Benson Sculpture Garden. I thoroughly enjoyed walking through this park, enjoying the sculptures here - there are more than 130 of them!

This is also the site of Sculpture in the Park, the largest juried outdoor sculpture show in the United States, which takes place each year the second weekend in August. The show features over 1,000 works by about 200 different sculptors from the United States and Canada.

If you're ever in the area, you really should stop and take a walk through this park.

This was an unusual situation where I'd taken a lot of pictures. Here are a few unique pieces. (Click on any picture for a larger view).




Even the rest room exterior wall was decorated.


Here are some of my favorites.






Now, here are my top 3.


This one was so lifelike. A kid riding her bike past here, stopped and told me that when she first saw it, she thought it was a real man.


My most favorite of all requires a few pictures.




Which is your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. I like the kids playing, but mostly because it's so nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the children in the circle. The sculptor caught the movement. If you get down to Santa Fe, make sure to take a trip Shidoni Foundry. They also have a great sculpture garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the old man with the pail. It looks so realistic. This place looks like you can easily get lost for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the children playing-- so lifelike except for the quiet

    ReplyDelete