Sunday, June 12, 2011

Arches National Park

I didn't have a lot of time to spend at Arches. I just couldn't drive past it without a peek, however. So figured I could at least do a quick drive through as a preview of the time I'd come back and spend a week or so.


I took only a few pictures.


Lots of red rocks in all sizes and shapes. There are parts of the landscape that appear to be what I imagine the surface of Mars to look like.


Well, if not Mars, then some other alien planet.


I plan to return in autumn or winter to do some hiking. Diana has done a great job of documenting hikes in Arches, one of which is here. I especially look forward to that hike.

2 comments:

  1. That's my favorite hike too. Once visit I did it twice. I'm sure it's too hot there now for hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an amazing hike - actually the one that got me hooked on hiking.1

    ReplyDelete