Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkeys and Dinosaurs

I'm happily in the desert again in Borrego Springs with the WINs.


I didn't take any pictures of turkey. I DID take a picture of the group (most, but not all of the group), but it wasn't with my own camera and I don't have the picture here to show you. However, you can see it and more on Barbara's blog.

Barbara and Ron let me tag along with them while checking out the sculptures in the desert. Here's my favorite of the dinosaurs.


Here's me checking out one of the smaller guys with the big guy in the background.


I liked these elephants.


There was quite a variety - camels, turtles, sloths, jeeps, sun gods, prospectors and more. They've been adding loads of sculptures each year. To learn more about them, click here.

Hope your Thanksgiving weekend was as much fun as mine!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day, nice to see you posting again!

    Kate
    http://cholulared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy,
    Found your blog via some we both follow. Really enjoyed the photos of the metal animals. I recently discovered desert and know exactly what you mean about it's magic appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate!
    I just posted a comment on your blog.
    Hurry up and get your stuff done and get back on the road!

    Rustedgranny,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog.
    The desert, it seems, is my home. I feel as tho I belong here. It IS magical, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great meeting and spending some time with you. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

    Happy Trails!

    ReplyDelete